Sunday, November 27, 2005

"We all need a way to fall down"

Well, kids. After our holiday traipsing across the country, I like nothing better than my own bed. Which I can finally have now, as all family, extended and otherwise, has departed.
Thanksgiving was a wagon-load of fun. We drove up to Charlotte to visit one family of cousins (one family containing seven cousins) always a good time with them. Since there is nine of them in one family, they have one of those big 15-seater vans so we all piled in and headed out to the frisbee golf course. I have never played before, much less learned to throw a frisbee properly so it was an interesting first experience. I believe we have one somewhere around here on UNC..I'll have to check that out. Anyways, it was fun, and after much original trailblazing and two tie-breakers, Cousin Emily, Cousin Adam and I were indeed victorious. Dinner was yummy and football game afterwards as well. After coming home that night, we drove up to Virginia for the weekend to visit more family...blah, blah, blah....Very tired. It felt a wee bit like Christmas, even helped my grandparents put up their fake tree (I hate fake trees). In fact, I realized that this year is the first time, in a long time, that I've been really excited about Christmas time. I love Christmas time!
Anyways....check out the pics on flickr and more coming later, maybe.
Hey, guess what...I taught math class today...it is harder than it looks.....not math, but teaching. Some people just don't shut up....


And now, Lord, for what do I wait?
My hope is in You.
Psalm 39:7

5 Comments:

At 11/28/2005 11:59 PM, Blogger gelfling said...

mm.. good verse..

and all this talk of family is making me hungy..

*drool*

glad you back. :)

 
At 11/29/2005 12:56 AM, Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

my own bed - ha. when i finally climbed in last night, i hit my head on the top bunk. maybe it's about time for a not-bunk-bed. who knows.

 
At 12/10/2005 4:48 PM, Blogger The George said...

I might be getting repetitive, but...

see you on thursday. :)

 
At 12/11/2005 7:01 PM, Blogger carl said...

mom said we might get a fake tree in a few years...nooooooo

 
At 12/11/2005 9:49 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

we're not getting a flipin' fake tree, ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home