Tuesday, November 01, 2005

November, november...

I love the way my cat melts in my arms. I love the look on people's face when I hand them hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and a star drawn with chocolate syrup. I love the way silver catches the sun and plays it across the steering wheel as I'm driving. I love the way writing relaxes me to sleep. I hate waking up cold, early in the morning. I love being awake in the early morning. I like being alone, with myself. I like men with guns. I want to marry a policeman...:)
I read a book over the past two weeks that took me in like a book hasn't done in like three years, or so. All the Pretty Horses....so good...so good....It's incredibly well written, so you feel exactly what the protagonist is feeling. Ahh, so good....
I went to Jo's house tonight. Her and me and Mark made some spaghetti (with, lots and lots of meat...:) and piled on the couch to watch....Last of the Mohicans...don't ask. In the words of Jo "this is the second worst movie ever made".
We drove Mark home and then guess who drove the stick shift back????Huh??? wha? Me? Yes, me. I drove it on the road! On the road! I'm so proud...I only stalled out once and that was just in a parking lot!! ZDing..three cheers for me...whoa..I wrote "Zding" thats so cool....I'm so cool....

oh, ok, kids. Been dealing with some weird fear issues recently. Not like "Oh, I'm anxious about the future or whatever" but like actually real physical fear of like people and bad things. Like driving home at night alone (Thank you Joanna for telling me about all the space in minivans) or taking the trash out after work behind the building, or being in my house, alone, even in broad day light....yeah, nothing to get bent out of shape over but it is abnormal. So, I know the basics, but if you guys know of any especially calming and good bible verses and what-not, they'd be appreciated.
Peace, children.

7 Comments:

At 11/02/2005 12:57 AM, Blogger Jonathan said...

I enjoyed your descriptions of favorite things...I can agree with you on a lot of those -- especially the cat one.

I did not enjoy that fact someone chose to leave crap here. Get a life. One that preferably glorifies God.

 
At 11/02/2005 2:45 AM, Blogger The George said...

Last of the Mohicans is not the second worst movie ever made. It's a favorite of history teachers everywhere...

Only verse I have is this: "Yea, though I take out the trash by night, I have naught to fear, for none shalt attack me with water. Neither shall they spray me with the silly string. My enemies are far away in God-forsaken lands and houses of learning. Surely, O Lord, you have removed my enemies from me."

Ok, no real verses, as I don't have the time to think about it (I need to prepare a speech for tommorrow).

Oh, and, like I've said before, you can delete comments, including spam. Just click the little gray trashcan icon next to the time stamp under the comment.

 
At 11/02/2005 6:59 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

Ahh, yes, that night. I was all wet and cold...errr..I never got you guys back....there's still time and not all of my said foes are off in distant lands....
Oh, spam. I knew it was only a matter of time. ok, I took care of it. I added the word verification thing to, sorry for the inconvenience but it will prevent future spammers....

 
At 11/03/2005 10:43 PM, Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

future spammers of the world - PLEASE find something better to do with your spare time. take up knitting or something. it won't kill you, i promise. "word" verification is a pain in the hindquarters. and it's not even a real word. sheesh. i love the part in last of the mohicans where the one guy pulls the other guy's heart out of his chest, cos i swear it looks just like a piece of sweet and sour pork. i laughed when i saw it and that was, like, ten years ago. so i wonder what jo thinks is the absolute worst movie ever made. classic fear verse = joshua 1:9. my personal favorite = isaiah 41:9-10. i love string cheese. i love your face.

 
At 11/04/2005 12:36 PM, Blogger Lollypop said...

well, i love the way that you melt in my arms

 
At 11/04/2005 3:54 PM, Blogger Catherine said...

umm....'lyssa, thanks. I like your face too.

 
At 11/05/2005 9:54 PM, Blogger heartlikeaglass said...

that was totally a product of having lived with anna carol. such an annacarolfancherism!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home